Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » Conditional Execution of Steps in ODI Load Plan (Oracle Data Integrator)
Conditional Execution of Steps in ODI Load Plan [message #689155] Thu, 28 September 2023 16:09
bmccollum
I have an ODI load plan that I'm having difficulty trying to figure out how to continue executing ongoing steps within the load plan *only* if an exit code of 0 is sent from a Unix shell script that's called from the load plan.

If the call to the Unix shell script as the 1st step of the load plan returns a code of 1, then I *don't* want to continue executing the remaining 10-or-so steps in the load plan.

Basically, the Unix shell script tries to do some stuff with some files that it's assuming have been downloaded.  If no files were downloaded from a URL due to there being no newer versions of the files present, then the Unix shell script will return an exit code of 1 (indicating that we DON'T need to execute the remaining 10-or-so steps present in the load plan since we have downloaded files to work with).  If newer files have been found and downloaded, then the Unix shell script will return an exit code of 0 (indicating that the remaining 10-or-so steps involved in the load plan DO need to execute since we have files to work with).

I've learned how to implement this logic in an ODI package to where if the Unix shell scripts sends a failure code (i.e. "exit 1"), it goes down the failure path and an email is sent, and the steps that *WOULD* have continued executing within the package don't execute.

I'm just wanting to implement this functionality within the load plan itself and for the life of me cannot figure out how to accomplish this.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Previous Topic: ODI - Integration Knowledge Modules ("Target Command" SQL Question)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 13:14:07 CDT 2024